Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ribbon Roses Collage, Back (Sept. 12)

Ribbon Roses Collage, Back (Sept. 12) Originally posted by randubnick

Early yesterday morning, I went to Red Brick and worked on this project for while. I am making a collaged design on the back of a styrofoam tray; there is already another collage on the front, an image of three roses and a vase. I am using metallic fabric ribbons printed with various designs, with gel medium for the glue. I have been worried about running out of red ribbon, but yesterday I found some additional scraps of bright red, so I was able to bring the red areas almost to the edge of the tray. I tell myself that the pink areas and the bronze-colored sides of the tray will go faster because I won't have to spend time searching for those colors because I have plenty. I want to finish soon because I am starting a big painting project. But hurrying doesn't help. The work is only tedious when I think about time; if I focus on the task itself, the work is completely absorbing. This is how it looked yesterday when it was time for me to stop. To be continued. . . .

No comments: