Saturday, October 06, 2007

Bright Orange Berries Closeup (Posterized)


Bright Orange Berries Closeup (Posterized) Originally uploaded by randubnick

The original version of this image is a photo that I took recently during a visit to Newburyport, MA. In the park near the waterfront, there are many trees that look just like this. While I was walking through the park, I noticed the clusters of bright orange berries, so I took a couple of quick pictures with my phonecam. I have seen this kind of tree before, but have never seen so many of them in one place! I had to do a search to find the name of this kind of tree: European Mountain Ash. Tonight I cropped one of the photos to get this composition, and then posterized it in Painter IX. It's a nice souvenir of a beautiful October day.

No comments: