Saturday, November 24, 2007

Just One Leaf

Just One Leaf (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

This is a leaf I noticed while I was out raking. I liked the way its colors and patterns looked against the wood grain of the weathered boards. So I set up this composition by clearing away some debris and arranging the leaf with the stem parallel to the edges of the boards, and then took a picture with my phonecam. Tonight I transferred the image to my computer, and did a little rotating and cropping to get the proportions right. I am happy with the image just as it is, which is why I am posting it here. But I also wanted to see how it would look cleaned up a bit, because I thought it would make a nice pattern. So I made a copy of the image and continued to work with it. More tomorrow. . . .

No comments: