Thursday, November 08, 2007

Night View of Mill and River with Digital Overlay

Night View of Mill and River with Digital Overlay (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

Yesterday, during a walk around the pond, I was looking at the water as I always do. And then I realized what I need to do with my painting of the Merrimac River at night. I wanted to make the ripples of the water closer together, to create a sense of a flat plane (and quieter water). I couldn't go back to the studio yesterday, so I decided to try my idea out on the computer first, to see if it would work, before I changed the painting. So I opened the photo of my painting in Painter IX and sketched in the changes with digital pastel. What you see here is what the photo looks like with additional waves drawn over it on the computer. I also made a change in the shoreline as well. I decided that I like the changes. The next step: making the changes on the actual painting. To be continued. . .


No comments: