Monday, December 24, 2007

Looking at Morning Glories (Digitally Modified Photo)

Looking at Morning Glories (Digitally Modified Photograph) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Three days ago, I posted a piece of digital art that I call "Dancing Morning Glories". I have been thinking about the color scheme I used, because most morning glories are sky blue. But I remembered some purple morning glories I saw last summer, and looked through my photos to find them. I did find them, a photo taken in August of this year. (In fact I posted the posterized version of it, called "Purple Morning Glories in the Evening".) Anyway, when I saw the photo, I recognized where I got the color scheme, and was surprised at how close I came to matching the colors, because I was not using this photo as a reference. I decided to take another look at these purple morning glories. The view posted here is cropped from one of the photos that I had not used before. Once I had the composition I wanted, I needed to do a little cleanup, so I opened the image in Painter IX and did a little bit of repair on the flower petals, using digital pastel and digital airbrush.

No comments: