Sunday, December 30, 2007

River and Bridge (Oil BarPainting Day 6)

River and Bridge (Oil Bar Painting Day 6)

Yesterday I went back to the studio to work on this painting of the Merrimac River. This is part of a series of paintings for a show in Manchester, New Hampshire. I softed the edge of the clouds and made changes to match in the reflection of clouds in the river. Then I used a T-square to straighten out the bridge railings a bit, and re-worked the bridge. I added more shadow and more definition to the trees, and again, mirrored the changes in the water. I won't say that this painting is finished, because no doubt there will be things I want to change, but I think it is pretty close. . . . In any case, I have to leave for now and move on to the next painting, because the show is coming up very soon (in January).

No comments: