Wednesday, March 19, 2008

March Scene


March Scene (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

I took this photo last week during a walk at the Beverly Golf and Tennis Club, a public golf course in Beverly originally established to provide recreation for employees at the nearby factories called "The Shoe" (United Shoe Machinery Company), now the Cummings Center. I often see the golf course when I walk all the way around the Cummings Center Pond. I have even attended events in the clubhouse, but this was the first time I ever took a walk there. I was surprised at how big it is (and I only saw a little bit of it), and how beautiful, with little paths and brooks and bridges. It was late afternoon and the light was great, so I started taking pictures with my new digital camera. There was a still a little bit of ice left on the ground, but I thought that it was beginning to look a bit like spring.

No comments: