Friday, March 07, 2008

Singing Beach Blues


Singing Beach Blues (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

This is a photo that I took back on April 2 of 2006, using my first phonecam. This is an image of Singing Beach up in Manchester-by-the-Sea, a lovely little town a bit north of here on Route 127. I came across this photo last night while I was looking for inspiration for my next project. If I can, I want to paint something new for Red Brick's art auction at the end of March. The theme is "cool blue" so I was looking for an image to use when I found this picture. I like the idea of using local subject matter, and there are certainly a variety of different blue colors in this photo. So I cropped the image to get a square format and decided to base my next painting on this image. I printed out a copy to take to the studio. To be continued. . . .

No comments: