Sunday, March 16, 2008

Swirls of Blue Roses

Swirls of Blue Roses (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

I worked on this image last night and again today. It is similar to a piece that I posted on March 10. Both are made with Painter IX's pattern pen, using a pattern made from a "digital woodcut" of a rose. Although I like the March 10 version, I returned to the idea to see if I could come up with different composition for the inner square. In addition to the pattern pen, I used some color overlays and some digital pastel. This is another candidate for the upcoming art auction at Red Brick. Each artist at Red Brick has been asked to fill a small birch frame with an original piece of art (4 inches by 4 inches). In the end, I may use some other image, but having an "assignment" like this is great because it gives me a problem to solve and encourages me to create something new.

No comments: