Friday, April 11, 2008

Basket of Pansies (Digitally Modified Photo)

Basket of Pansies (Digitally Modified Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Here north of Boston, it's a long wait for spring weather, although we are finally getting some warmer days here and there. Today there were baskets of pansies on display outside the supermarket, a sure sign of confidence that spring is coming. Pansies can be planted when the temperatures are still too low for anything else. I was happy to see the pansies and took some quick pictures with my phonecam. I liked this photo the best, so I cropped out a truck that was in the background, and adjusted the contrast. Then I opened the image in Painter IX and used digital pastel to repair some torn petals on one flower. I also used digital pastel so simplify a distracting pattern in a small area of the background. This was a bit of fuss for this little image, but I thought this photo had potential and I wanted to clean it up to posterize it. To be continued. . . .

No comments: