Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Bass River, Beverly MA (Crop)


Bass River, Beverly MA (Crop) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This is a crop from a photo that I took one night last week with my digital camera when we stopped at Beverly's newest Starbucks. The dog and I waited in the car while my daughter ran in to get coffee. The parking lot has a great view! I loved the lights of the city on the water so I grabbed my digital camera and took a quick picture without thinking about settings or even the fact that my headlights were on! And then it was time to go. Later, when I transferred the picture into the computer, I could see that the headlights had indeed ruined the foreground, and I needed to crop out the car's interior. But still, once I had done the cropping, I did have a nice image of what interested me most, the city lights reflected in the quiet river. Because of the darkness and the aggressive cropping, the focus is very soft. (It's not the camera this time; it's the photographer!) But I kind of like the effect of the soft focus. And I think it has possibilities for a posterized image. To be continued. . .

No comments: