Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Heart Shaped Box (Collage Day 2)

Heart Shaped Box (Collage Day 2) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Today I finally had a chance to go back to the studio and work on this project. I am making a collage and decoupage project from this box that originally held a Mother's Day gift from my daughter. I am creating the design using printed ribbons, two or three inches wide. Today I added some forget-me-knot flowers around the edges of the heart. (After all, this is going to be a box for keepsakes.) I also used some gold metallic paint (acrylic) around the rim of the box. This will make it a bit easier when I am pasting ribbon near the edges. The paint is transparent in thin coats, and works well with the ribbons I am using, all of which have a metallic sheen. I had a great time this morning. The hour flew by and it was hard to stop! To be continued. . . .

No comments: