Sunday, April 13, 2008

Heart Shaped Box (Collage Day 3)

Heart Shaped Box (Collage Day 3) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This weekend I spent a little time working on this project. This is a heart-shaped box which originally held a Mother's Day gift from my daughter. Now I am transforming it into a keepsake box with collage and decoupage. I am using printed metallic ribbons with acrylic medium and a little bit of metallic acrylic paint for the edges. This weekend I worked mainly on the border, using going to little blue forget-me-not flowers and golden leaves cut out of the ribbons. I still have a lot of ribbons, but there are only two remaining that have a floral design. So it takes a little time to find the pieces I need. I am not doing a lot of planning, but just let the design develop as I work, and I sometimes I feel like I am watching this thing assemble itself. Well, I only worked on this for a short while, but it was wonderful time spent in this fantasy garden.

No comments: