Monday, April 14, 2008

Daffodils in the Sink (Posterized Photo)


Daffodils in the Sink (Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Today was a busy day, but while I was right in the middle of a very important conversation, I realized that I was looking at daffodils blooming outside. That's when I realized that after all this waiting around for it, spring snuck up on me while I wasn't looking! Unfortunately, there was no chance to take pictures of the daffodils I saw today. I hope I will another opportunity, but meanwhile tonight I found some photos of daffodils that I took back in March of 2006. The one I like best is very simple picture of daffodils in my stainless steel kitchen sink, as I got them ready to go into a vase. Tonight I opened the photo in Painter IX and used digital pastel to clean up one little distracting piece of foliage. Then I posterized the photo, and here it is.

No comments: