Sunday, April 20, 2008

Heart Shaped Box (Collage Day 4)

Heart Shaped Box (Collage Day 4) Originally uploaded by randubnick

On Friday morning, I went to Red Brick to work on this collage/decoupage project. The heart-shaped box once held a Mother's Day gift from my daughter. Now I am transforming it into a keepsake box, using metallic ribbons printed with floral and paisley patterns. On Friday, I concentrated on the border, which is going to be blue forget-me-not flowers and leaves. I also added more leaves around the roses. Progress seems slow because I have to find the right piece of the right pattern, and then make it fit. With the flowers and leaves, I try to place the pieces so the result looks somewhat natural or believable (so each leaf looks like it could be attached at that angle, etc.). The experience is much like doing a jig-saw puzzle in reverse. However painstaking the work, it is not tedious to me, and I am having a great time. This is fortunate, because this is just the top of the box, so there is quite a bit left to do.

No comments: