Friday, May 30, 2008

Heart Shaped Box (Collage Day 7)

Heart Shaped Box (Collage Day 7) Originally uploaded by randubnick

I finally was able to get back to the studio this week! (I have been coughing for a few weeks, the after effects of a cold combined with spring allergies and asthma. I was trying to avoid the dust and fumes typical of a studio environment, so I concentrated on computer art and photography instead.) But I went to the studio for a short time on Thursday, and I was really glad to get back to this project. This is going to be a keepsake box covered with collage and decoupage. The heart-shaped box originally held a gift from my daughter for Mother's Day. I am using printed metallic ribbons to create the patterns. On Thursday, I did some work on the top of the box, trying to finish it up, using a combination of light and dark brown ribbon. I also finally resolved the bottom of the heart's shape by using a trio of metallic leaves. The top is almost finished, but not quite. I also worked on the edge of the top, not visible here, of course, but I will post a photo of it tomorrow.

No comments: