Monday, May 05, 2008

Looking Up at Magnolias


Looking Up at Magnolias (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

Magnolias have been blooming around here. The Boston version of spring seems to be a few very warm days, interspersed with long stretches of cool weather. This makes it impossible to put away winter clothes, but it does make for a long season of blossoming trees. If you like magnolias, this is great because they usually don't last very long in warm weather. Here is a photo that I took during a recent walk at Long Hill Gardens, standing right under a magnolia tree and looking up. I used my digital camera. When I got the image into the computer, I adjusted the brightness just a bit, though it wasn't absolutely necessary, and apart from that, this is how the image looked directly out of the camera.

No comments: