Sunday, May 04, 2008

Heart Shaped Box, Edge of Top (As of May 1)

Heart Shaped Box, Edge of Top (As of May 1) Originally uploaded by randubnick

I am making a keepsake box, using printed metallic ribbons to create collage and decoupage patterns. I love the heart-shaped box, which originally held a Mother's Day gift from my daughter. A few days ago, I took a little break from a hectic week to work on this project for an hour. Even though the top of the box isn't yet finished, I have been working on the edge of the top, trying to use a scrap of ribbon in a red and gold paisley pattern that I knew it would be very hard to find if I put it aside. I recently found another scrap of the same pattern, but there was a lot of gold in it, so this time I used it, making sure to distribute the gold pieces all the way around the box. Making this project might sound tedious, but I love, love, love working on it.

No comments: