Saturday, July 12, 2008

Clematis in July

Clematis in July (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

Last week there was a bad wind storm with hail, and a tree came down in the yard. It is fun to garden, but not so much fun to deal with tree removal and getting rid of the debris. But the other morning, I took a little break to notice that the clematis had opened. I took a few photos with my digital camera because the blossoms looked so beautiful in the morning light. This is the best of the three photos I took. In fact, this is the image exactly as it came out of the camera. I didn't adjust anything and didn't even have to crop it. The aqua peeking through the leaves at the upper left corner is a glimpse of swimming pool, and I considered cropping it out, but I like the combination of colors, and I think the strong color in that corner helps balance the composition.

1 comment:

Minka said...

Lovely. Sorry to hear about the tree. Ugh.