Saturday, July 19, 2008

Manhattan in the Morning (From the Train to Boston)


Manhattan in the Morning (From the Train to Boston) Originally uploaded by randubnick

I took this photograph on Thursday morning, from the 6:55 AM train back to Boston. You actually can't see much of New York City from the train because travel in and out of the city involves going through a tunnel under the river, and directly to or from Penn Station. But you can catch a glimpse of the Manhattan skyline as the train travels through Queens, but you have to wait for just the right angle. That is what I did on Thursday morning, and I had pretty good luck this time. I used the zoom on my new digital camera. This is one of the best of the photos I took and today I cropped it to get this composition. I also adjusted the brightness and contrast to compensate for the tinted windows of the Amtrak train. The morning light was beautiful and I wanted to make sure that came through in this photo.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Hi Randy,
I love this picture of New York. The colors are so beautiful. I feel as if I'm in the train with you.
Sheila