Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Heart Shaped Box as of August 27

Heart Shaped Box as of August 27 (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

This morning I finally had a chance to work on this project again. This is a heart-shaped box that once held a Mother's Day present from my daughter. Now I am covering it with decoupage and collage made from printed metallic ribbons. I have been working on the outside of the box, which is going to be predominantly gold. The process resembles doing jigsaw a puzzle, but in this case, I am making the puzzle and solving it simultaneously, so there is no image on the top of the puzzle box to provide clues. I usually work for about an hour, and can go a little longer when I have time. I am making decisions about where to put each little piece, and I want to make good decisions. (In art as in life, small decisions make a big difference when you look at the overall result.) So I try to quit before I get tired, rushed, or frustrated, because that is when I make mistakes. This is how the box looked when I was finished working on it today.

No comments: