Tuesday, August 26, 2008

White Hibiscus in Beverly (Posterized Photo)

White Hibiscus in Beverly (Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This image began as a photo that I took last night with my digital camera, during an evening walk here in Beverly. Tonight I cropped the image and posterized it using PainterIX. This is another of the many hardy hibiscus plants flowering all over town. (I always thought of hibiscus as tropical, which Massachusetts is definitely not!) I remember having seen a few of these around town in the past, but never in such numbers, and never such big blossoms, so big that you think you are dreaming. Is this because Massachusetts has rarely seen such a rainy summer? I don't know, but these magical flowers seem just right for a season of such big dreams.

No comments: