Monday, August 11, 2008

Raining Cats and Dogs (Posterized Photo)

Raining Cats and Dogs (Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Summer in Massachusetts can be quite wet, and we have been having several daily downpours this week. But we have been through other rainy summers. Tonight I came across a photo of a rainstorm in my back yard, posted here in mid-July of 2006, titled "Raining Cats and Dogs". I like the original photograph because it captures the light and atmosphere of a rainy day. But looking at the photo tonight, I had the idea of trying to posterize it to see if I could get the rain to show up a little better. First I increased the contrast, then opened the image in Painter IX and adjusted the controls for posterizing until I got this result. You can't see any cats or dogs, but now you can, in fact, see the rain!

No comments: