Sunday, August 10, 2008

Pink Blossoms in Cut-Glass Vase

Pink Blossoms in Cut-Glass Vase (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

Here is yet another of the "lost" images that I recently came across while cleaning house. Among the long-forgotten art work that I found in a big bag was a stack of full-size color photocopies of some of my pastel drawings, many of which I have either sold or given away as gifts. This is one of them, a drawing of pink blossoms in a vase made of cut glass. I did this pastel one night at a session of the drawing group that I used to belong to here in Beverly, about five years ago. Although the subject matter may look simple, I think it is always a challenge to draw from observation, and it is important because it makes you really, really look! It is also a great exercise to try to capture the shapes and textures of familiar objects, as in these pastel drawings.

No comments: