Sunday, August 31, 2008

View of Charles River from a Boston Hotel

View of Charles River from a Boston Hotel (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

This is from a trip into Boston on Thursday evening. A friend was in town to attend a conference, and had a hotel room on the thirty-fifth floor with a magnificent view, so of course I wanted to check it out. The view was amazing, so I took some pictures with my digital camera. This image is from one of the photos I took. The original photograph actually included much more, but I cropped the image to create a closer view and a more cohesive composition. But I managed to keep the things I liked best. There's the Charles, of course, complete with sailboat. You can see the Salt and Pepper Bridge, and if you look closely, you can even see the T (train on the Red Line) as it crosses the bridge. On the near side are the rooftops of the Back Bay, and across the river, you can see Cambridge. I thought this view of Boston might be a nice one to posterize, so I tried it. I will post the result tomorrow.

No comments: