Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Heart Shaped Box as of September 2

Heart Shaped Box as of September 2 (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

This morning I went to the studio for a bit and worked on this decoupage and collage project. The heart shaped box originally held a Mother's Day gift from my daughter. I saved the box and now I am covering it with patterns cut from printed metallic ribbons. I am currently working on the outside of the box, which I am covering with predominantly gold tones. Finding enough gold pattern is a bit of a challenge, but I think I will get there. This is slow going, but I don't mind. Working on this is almost like a meditation, reminding me that problems can be solved with small steps. Even when the end result is uncertain, what matters is to take the steps you can.

No comments: