Monday, October 27, 2008

Bright Tree in Boston's Back Bay (Posterized)

Bright Tree in Boston's Back Bay (Posterized) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Today was full of surprises, one of which was an unexpected trip into Boston for lunch with a friend. The weather was great, and I was in the passenger seat on the drive down, so I was taking pictures all the way. I took this photo through the windshield just as we came off of Storrow Drive and entered the Back Bay. There were lots of problems in the original photo (including too much sun and many reflections in the windshield). But I liked the bright tree against the Back Bay architecture, so I did some cropping. Then I opened the image in Painter IX, fixed some reflections with color overlay and the magic wand tool (no kidding!), and then posterized it.

No comments: