Sunday, October 05, 2008

Heart Shaped Box as of October 4

Heart Shaped Box as of October 4 (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

Yesterday I went back to the studio to work on this project again, trying to make up for lost time. This heart-shaped box, which once held a gift from my daughter, is going to be a container for keepsakes, and I am covering it with patterns cut from printed metallic ribbons. Yesterday I continued working on the sides (in gold) and the inside (in red). Progress is slow (like watching paint dry I guess), but I am filling in small areas around the side of the box and laying down the basic color for the inside. As I make the miniature collages on the box, I am trying to fit pieces together with little or no overlap, because too much overlap would keep the lid of the box from fitting well. This makes for slow going, and sometimes it is a lot like solving a jigsaw puzzle. While I was working, I looked at the ribbon patterns that are left, and thought about what colors and designs to use for the remaining areas.

No comments: