Monday, October 06, 2008

Heart Shaped Box Closeup as of October 4


Heart Shaped Box Closeup as of October 4 (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

Yesterday I posted a photo of my collage and decoupage project, a heart-shaped box that I am covering with pieces of printed metallic ribbon. This is a closeup view of the outside of the box, which I am covering with pieces of gold ribbon cut from a variety of printed patterns. As I combine the pieces, I am thinking about color and pattern, just as I would in a larger collage. What makes this project particularly challenging is that I am trying to fit the pieces together with very little overlap, so the top of the box will fit smoothly. So if you look closely, you might see some tiny gaps, which I plan to fill in later with a little gold acrylic paint.

No comments: