Saturday, October 25, 2008

Looking Up at Yellow Leaves (Digitally Modified)

Looking Up at Yellow Leaves (Digitally Modified) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This photo began on Friday afternoon, during an excursion up to Beverly Farms for a dog-walk. In fact, I took this photo in a parking lot! From my parking place, I could see the afternoon sun hitting these beautiful leaves. So I rolled down the car window, leaned out, and looked up! I took several photos, and tonight I cropped this view from the best of the lot. But there were a few marks on the leaves that I wanted to fix, so I opened the image in Painter IX and cleaned up the most distracting problems with a little digital pastel. Then I cropped the image again, paying close attention to how the lines of the branches related to the geometry of the image. I also created a posterized version, which I will post here tomorrow.

No comments: