Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Heart Shaped Box as of November 12

Heart Shaped Box as of November 12 (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

This morning I went to the studio to work on this project for a while. The heart-shaped box originally contained a Mother's Day gift from my daughter. Now I am turning it into a keepsake box, covered with collage and decoupage made from printed metallic ribbons. Today I worked on the outside of the box (the gold area). I made some headway on the top rim and also filled in some gaps around the side. I also did a little bit of work on the red area inside. I really enjoyed the time, short as it was! My studio was filled with sunshine this morning, so bright that it was hard to see (like driving into the sun), but wonderful light! In this photo, you can see how the heart-shaped box looks when the sunlight plays on the golden ribbons.

No comments: