Thursday, November 13, 2008

Simple Little Still Life

Simple Little Still Life (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

Today began with a computer crash first thing this morning, and the day seemed to head downhill from there. At this point, my (main) desktop computer is now useless and awaiting a new fan, which I hope will solve the problem. Much of the day was spent getting set up to do basic operations on my laptop until my main computer is working again. I was wondering how to post here today. (No Painter IX on my laptop!!!) So I explored the laptop, looking for a basic paint program. I found Microsoft Paint, and started to sketch. It's a good program, simpler than Painter IX, so I decided to see what I could do. I thought I would keep it simple, and started sketching a little still life from my imagination. At first, I was having trouble controlling the 'mini-mouse'. But I tried switching from the digital brush control to digital spray paint, and things began to fall into place. As I worked, I began to relax for the first time today, and I am happy to have made this little sketch. It helped get me past the frustrations of the day, and reminded me to focus on what is working and what I have, rather than what is missing and what is broken. That's important in art, and even more important in life in general.

No comments: