Monday, November 03, 2008

Looking Across the Bass River

Looking Across the Bass River (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

Today I went to the local car wash so I could vacuum the inside of my car. Tomorrow I am providing rides to the polls for my political party. I don't want to get too political here, so let's just say that my candidate is That One '08. Anyway, a family member suggested that unless I cleaned out my car, the result would be voter suppression rather than getting out the vote. So that's how I ended up outside the car wash on a chilly, overcast November afternoon. This car wash is located right next to the Bass River, with nothing at all obstructing the view except for a low fence. So while I spent my sixteen quarters (yes) on vacuuming for change, I noticed the view. When I was finished cleaning out the car, I took out my camera and walked the four feet over to the river bank and took some pictures. The overcast weather changes the color scheme, bringing out the subtle burnt orange and bronze colors of early November.

No comments: