Friday, December 19, 2008

Night Snow




Night Snow  (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

Well, the predicted snowstorm got a bit of a late start today, but by late afternoon, it was snowing to beat the band, and it is still snowing.  I took some pictures earlier today, when the storm was just getting started. But about half an hour ago (ten-thirty, PM), I looked outside and decided to take some more pictures.  I took this photo through a window.  I cropped it and edited it using my new iPhoto, which will also transform a color photo into black and white; I tried it on this one, but prefer the original version because I like the colors in night snow scenes.  In this case, the street lamps give a golden cast to the scene.  I did adjust the highlights and shadows on this version, trying to capture the way new-fallen snow looks at night.

No comments: