Thursday, December 25, 2008

Pastel Portrait of My Daughter






Pastel Portrait of My Daughter   (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

This is a pastel portrait of my daughter that I drew when she was a baby.  She was taking a nap in her stroller, and we were sitting on the front porch at her Grandma's (my mom) back home in Pueblo.  I was watching my daughter sleep, and she looked so beautiful! I decided to draw her while she slept.  I had to work quickly (she took short naps), but I was very happy with the result, and felt that I had captured a likeness.  I was in my twenties then. Time has passed, but I still feel the same way about the drawing (and about the subject of the drawing!). In fact, I would say that this is one of my better portraits.  Once my daughter was grown up, I gave this portrait to her.  Yesterday, I was at her new place, helping her hang art on the walls.  I realized that I didn't have a photograph of this piece, so I took a picture of it after we hung it up.  She said she wouldn't mind if I posted it, so here it is.

No comments: