Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Snow on Cummings Center Pond




Snow on Cummings Center Pond   (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

I was reluctant to take a walk today.  The temperature was in the low thirties, but the air was damp, and the sky was overcast. I was too tired, too cold, too busy. But the dog loves loves loves the snow, and the dog won.  So we went to the Cummings Center here in Beverly, to walk around the pond.  When I saw the pond today, I decided that the dog is right about the snow, as she is about so many things.  So I changed my attitude, and got out my camera.  I liked the contrast of the textures of the trees and grasses against the snow.  The light was interesting, with the overcast sky making for gray clouds and snow that was almost matte white.  I took three photos, and this is the best, exactly as it came out of the camera.  (I also made it into a digital woodcut, which I plan to post here tomorrow.)

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Hi Randi,
How about a photo of your dog?