Monday, January 12, 2009

Very Quiet Walk on Snowy Beach




Very Quiet Walk on Snowy Beach   (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

It was still cold today, around 20 degrees, with snow on the ground, but blue sky and bright sun -- a great day for a walk with the dog on the beach! It might sound like a crazy idea, but there were lots of other people on the beach walking their dogs, and everyone was having a great time!  I liked the view of the snow at the beach, so I took several pictures, and this composition was one of the best.  However, in the original version, a dog-owner and dog can be seen walking along the shore.  I didn't notice them when I took the picture.  But even though the two figures actually added to the composition, I thought the person might be recognizable and I didn't have permission.  So I opened the image in Painter and used cut and paste and a little digital airbrush to quietly hide the two figures, leaving a very quiet beach.

No comments: