Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Summer Sunset over Beverly




Summer Sunset over Beverly   (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

Recently, I have been photographing and posting some paintings that I did several years ago. Like the painting I posted yesterday, this is also a watercolor landscape done as part of a class. I was trying to paint the sunset, so I had to work quickly.  I was trying to capture the look of the summer sunset over some of the small wooden houses at the center of town.  Although I can always find things wrong with any of my paintings, including this one, I was surprised and happy with the look of the sky.  Well, I am especially happy to have a digital image of this painting, because a few months after I painted it, I accidentally created a painting on the other side! I was painting with acrylics on paper, and didn't realize what I had done until I was finished. And to make the situation more complicated, I also liked the second painting!  Two paintings on one piece of paper! Don't laugh!  I was upset because, well, what can you do with either image? But now, thanks to digital imaging, I can use both images.  Tomorrow I will post the image that I painted on the back of this painting.

No comments: