Thursday, February 19, 2009

Heart Shaped Box as of February 19


Heart Shaped Box as of February 19
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Yesterday I finally made it back to the studio!  It's been a while since I worked on this project.  (I checked: the last post was December 27!) What kept me away? Well, the usual snowstorms and crazy work deadlines of course, but most of all, the full month I spent coughing my head off (an evil cold that got my asthma started).  So I stayed away from my studio to avoid dust and fumes. But yesterday, I was very glad to get back to my sunny little studio and this project.  The heart-shaped box originally contained a Mother's Day gift from my daughter, and I am covering it with collage and decoupage made from printed metallic ribbons.  Yesterday I worked on the outside of the box, the gold area, and concentrated on pasting in pieces I had already cut out back in December.  I filled in some areas and closed a few gaps. I made a little progress I guess, but the real accomplishment was getting there in the first place!

No comments: