Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mass Street Bridge (Posterized)


Mass Street Bridge Posterized
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is another image from Monday's trip into Boston.  I was taking pictures (from the passenger's seat) as we drove down Storrow Drive, heading towards the Fenway.  The traffic was stop and go, but to me that means photo ops.  I had a nice view of the Charles River, still covered with ice, and the Mass Street Bridge.  Across the river, you can see Cambridge, and MIT.  Tonight I cropped the original photograph and used Painter to posterized it.  I also used some color overlays to eliminate some distracting highlights in the clouds.  I like clouds and I am in favor of highlights, but they were in the wrong place because I wanted to emphasize the reflective surface of the river, the cityscape on the river bank, and the long diagonal line of the bridge.  

No comments: