Thursday, March 19, 2009

Heart-Shaped Box as of March 19


Heart-Shaped Box as of March 19
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

I went up to the studio this morning to work on this decoupage and collage project.  The materials are printed metallic ribbon, and a box that once held a Mother's Day gift from my daughter.  Today I continued work on the gold area around the outside of the box, and the red area inside.  I stayed at the studio just a bit longer than usual, trying to make up for lost time and opportunity in January and February (due to snow storms and a hacking cough). I did make progress today, though it might be hard to notice! Although the work is very exacting and sometimes tedious, I found it hard to stop.  But I do make myself stop when I notice that I am conscious of time and trying to hurry, because that's when I am likely to make mistakes.

No comments: