Sunday, March 08, 2009

Heart-Shaped Box as of March 8


Heart-Shaped Box as of March 8
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This morning I went to the studio for an hour to work on this project, a heart-shaped box that I am covering with collage and decoupage created from printed metallic ribbons.  We have had two days of warm temperatures, and it was great to be in my sunny little studio today.  I spent the time I had working on pasting gold pieces of ribbon around the outside of the box, and pasting red pieces of ribbon on the inside.  The work is so slow!  I started this project last April, and would love to have this go faster!  But I am putting in as much time as I can, I am making progress, and I am really happy with the way it is turning out. When I see the way the sunlight plays on the heart-shaped box, I am encouraged to keep going.  And I will.

No comments: