Sunday, March 29, 2009

Pink and White Necklace


Pink and White Necklace
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Tonight I finished making this necklace, a piece of costume jewelry that I started back in January.  When I last worked on this necklace, the design was somewhat similar (as can be seen in the post of January 21), but the strand was not long enough.  My plan was to buy some small gold beads to string on each end to extend the necklace.  But tonight I changed the plan when I saw that the shape of the gold beads was the same as the shape of the pink crystal beads.  So I decided to work the new gold beads into the design instead, which meant re-stringing the whole thing.  Then I added the crimp beads and clasp (which still is a struggle for me). Anyway, here is the finished piece, which I photographed tonight.  Taking pictures of jewelry is also a challenge, but I have been experimented with using clothing as a background (in this case, one of my lace-trimmed shirts from Chico's).

No comments: