Sunday, March 01, 2009

Sand and Ocean at Independence Park


Sand and Ocean at Independence Park
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Here is another photograph of the beach. I took it yesterday, during another walk with the dog, this time at Independence Park, another beach-front park here in Beverly, MA.  It was sunny, but the wind made it feel quite cold near the water.  (I took this photo wearing hat and gloves, or at least, one glove!) The colors of the water made it look warmer than it really was. The shallow blue water stirred up with the sand and created a green cast; also, the reflected sunlight was creating bright patterns in the water. I thought the effect was interesting, so I took some pictures, and tonight I cropped this image from one of the photos. Well, today we had a few inches of snow, with great heaps more are expected tonight, so I imagine we won't be walking on the beach tomorrow!

No comments: