Thursday, March 05, 2009

Snow and River Bank (Digital Woodcut)


Snow and River Bank (Digital Woodcut)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Today I used Painter to create this digital woodcut from the photograph that I posted here yesterday, of snow on the banks of the Bass River here in Beverly, MA.  The digital woodcut effect did emphasize the lines of the trees, as I hoped.  But the color still didn't quite capture what I had actually seen at the river: dark tree branches against bright white snow and intensely blue water.  So I used the magic wand tool to brighten the trees and a few areas on the snowy river bank on the far side of the river.  Then I used some transparent color overlays to bring the river back to the intense blue that made me want to take the photo in the first place.

No comments: