Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Lotsa Matza


Lotsa Matza
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This digital pattern is made from an image that I posted here last spring ("Matza" on April 25, 2008).  Last year, my photo of matza was a very late idea for a Passover image. Very late in the game, (and in the holiday) inspiration struck as I was buttering a piece of matza, on a paper towel as usual, so it wouldn't shatter into thousands of pieces as it does on a plate.  That's when I realized that I was admiring the contrasting textures and shapes of matza and paper towel,  so I took a photo, and then posterized it.  In last year's post, I mentioned having also created a pattern from the image to use for Passover greetings in 2009.  So yesterday I looked for the pattern.  But since last spring, I changed over to a Mac and apparently my old pattern files for Painter are nowhere to be found. (Something else to search for, besides the Afikomen. . . .)  So, instead of searching, I began again, opened the "Matza" image in Painter, created a pattern, and used it to make this image of "Lotsa Matza" which I will use to send holiday greetings to family and friends.

No comments: