Saturday, April 11, 2009

Matza Flowers (Final Version)


Matza Flowers (Final Version)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is a revision (and final version) of an image that I posted two days ago, a digital drawing made in Painter.  I used the "pattern pen" and the pattern I selected was "Matza," made from one of my posterized photos.  Well, when I began the image, I was just experimenting, but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the result.  But the border was bothering me.  So today I opened the image in Painter again, and used some cut and paste (and a little digital pastel) to straighten out the border.  I wanted it to look just a little more symmetrical than the original version, but not perfectly aligned, because I wanted to preserve the sense of liveliness and   movement. 

1 comment:

Minka said...

The more I look at this, the more I like it! At first it reminded me of an old-fashioned handkerchief. Now it looks like a bird's-eye view of a table top set with square plates! Great colors!