Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Marblehead Light Seen from Marblehead


Marblehead Light Seen from Marblehead
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is from a set of photographs that I took on April 25th at Marblehead.  I remember hesitating about driving out to Marblehead for a walk. (There was so much going on in the week ahead. Would I be ready?) But actually, an excursion to Marblehead was the very best thing to do, which I realized as soon as I got there. The water was beautiful, and I started taking pictures right away.  Tonight I finally had a chance to edit the photos, and this is one of the best, a view of Marblehead Light seen in the distance. I had some trouble getting the photograph to look straight, though.  The islands in the distance, the light on the water, and the diagonals of the shoreline can confuse the eye.  But then I realized that I could use the lighthouse as a guide (of course!) and so I aligned the image using the vertical line of Marblehead Light. 

No comments: