Friday, June 26, 2009

Clematis Pattern Mandala


Clematis Pattern Mandala
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

A couple of days ago, I published my photograph of clematis, posterized in Painter.  Yesterday, I used that photo to create a pattern.  Tonight I decided to see how the pattern looked when I used it with Painter's pattern pen.  I just started making circular movements, and then decided to make a spiral.  (That's harder than it sounds when you are drawing with a mouse.  It took several attempts!)  Then I decided to fill in the negative space with a second spiral, and that created a kind of natural mandala (circles within circles).  This seemed like an appropriate image for a day in which I sometimes felt like I was running in circles. Seen from the right perspective, the circles become a mandala, and the day becomes, actually, quite beautiful.

No comments: