Saturday, June 27, 2009

Heart Shaped Box as of June 27, 2009


Heart Shaped Box as of June 27, 2009
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is a collage and decoupage project in progress, a heart-shaped box that I am covering with designs created from printed metallic ribbon.  I went to the studio this morning to work on this for a while.  It was in the 80's here yesterday, and so I was expecting it to be very warm in the studio, and it was.  One advantage of the warm weather is that the glue (acrylic medium) seems stickier, and that makes the work a little easier.  However, about an hour is all I am good for when the studio is so hot. I concentrated on filling the remaining gaps in the gold area around the perimeter of the box, and also placed some red pieces in the interior as I came across them. Filling gaps is a bit tedious, especially because I am already thinking about what designs and colors to use for the remaining surfaces.

No comments: